Luck occurs when preparation meets opportunity. Learning occurs when knowledge meets an open mind. Here I share some bits of knowledge with the hope they land in the open minds of others and lead to better lives for the recipients. I am not claiming to be a master of knowledge or a genius; I am just tossing the seeds of knowledge I find to the wind in hopes they take root in fertile ground.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Don't let short term goals become your long term goals
Setting short term goals is a great technique for reaching long term goals, but don't let the short term goals become the long term goals. Has this happened to our politicians? Did they begin with long term goals like, "We must improve health care", and "We must eliminate government waste"? Did they set short term goals such as "Get elected" to meet these long term goals? Has their goal then become simply, "Get and stay elected?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment