Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Is Trump the Only Bully We Have Had for President?

I don't know much about the personalities of most American presidents from the past, I am only familiar with those from my lifetime, starting with Gerald Ford.  No president from the past has been such an obvious bully as Donald Trump.  I assume he is the first, only, and hopefully the last bully that we elect as president.  Although there are many examples, probably examples every week, I point to this recent tweet as an example:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1135499002626154496

I feel this tweet alone should be enough to disqualify from Trump from being president of any country.  When the person in the most powerful position in the country encourages economic retaliation against businesses within his own country simply because he disagrees with their opinion, you should know he does not have the best interests of the country and the founding principles of this country in mind.

A leader that punishes someone simply for disagreeing with him is no leader.  And our country desperately needs a leader.  In this case, Trump wants to punish CNN because CNN will not propagate his lies.  He tells blatant lies and expect people to accept his lies.  Such terrible character flaws should lead to the termination of his presidency or for any role that was created to serve the people and the general public.




Sources:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/03/business/media/trump-att-boycott-cnn.html
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trumps-call-for-a-bad-news-boycott-ignites-first-amendment-worries
https://deadline.com/2019/06/chris-cuomo-cnn-donald-trump-closing-arguments-endangering-livelihoods-spite-1202626588/

No comments:

Post a Comment